Hello Everyone! I'm linking up with Amanda over at Teaching Maddeness for her Resolution Solution Linky Party! I love the fresh start that a new year brings and as a teacher. I feel like I have two fresh starts each year! Back to school time in the fall always feels like a new year and I always set goals at that time as well as the beginning of the new year. Anywho....like all of you, I have some resolutions....lots of them! Let's start with school.....:)
I don't have a lot of school resolutions. I have been trying to stay on top of things since I started working at a new school in a new subject and a new grade level this year! Here are a couple of things I do want to work on though!
1. Grades: I really want to try hard to stay on top of grading this year! I also want to post at least two grades per week. I have really been struggling with grading papers and entering grades lately!
2. Behavior Management: I have been using Class Dojo for behavior management in my classroom but haven't been as structured with it as I would like to be. I plan to revamp the way I use it and use it more effectively in 2013!
3. BLOG: My last one is taking more pix of what's going on in my classroom and posting more on this blog!
I have lots of personal goals for this year! Maybe by sharing them I will be more likely to try sticking to them.....MAYBE! :) Here they are.....in no particular order!
1. Get Healthy: I struggle when it comes to eating and exercising....just being honest! I am a sugar addict! I absolutely love sweets...:) About three years ago, I decided I was going to drop a few pounds and exercise, and I did just that. I did it with walking and water! I drank mostly water and walked most every day and I love about 30 pounds! I did really well that year until I started back to school in the fall and life got crazy! I have managed to keep most of that weight off but am ready to try again! I am planning to do the water/walking thing again! A big goal for this year is to be able to run a 5k....toward the end of the year! It has been a dream of mine for a while now!
2. Pinterest Projects: I have been pretty good about trying some of the things I have pinned, but my goal this year is to try at least one new recipe per week as well as one of the housekeeping tips and/or crafts I have pinned! I have over 5,000 pins so I will never get to all of them, but I can try more that I have been! You can see my boards here!
3. Home Improvement: My dear hubby and I have been working on remodeling our mobile home for a while now. We have completed a couple of rooms....my son Dakota's room, and my craft room. We are currently redoing the siding on the outside of our home. My goals for this year are to build a new screened porch to extend our living space, as well as totally gut our master bath and redo it! I also hope we can put in new walls and floors in our dining and living rooms. And....I would really love to complete my little library space that I have created. I want to build in floor to ceiling bookshelves along one wall to house my HUGE collection of books!
4. ETSY Shop: This last goal is to open an ETSY shop and sell handmade items as well as vintage items. I absolutely love to treasure hunt for vintage items and I also love crafting. I decided to try and make some extra money by opening an ETSY shop. Do any of you shop ETSY? If so, what do you shop for? I hope to have it up and going before summer, but realistically, it probably won't be! I can't wait to begin this endeavor!!! Wish me luck! As soon as it's up and running, I will share on here so you can check it out!
Well, that's all folks! Thanks for sticking with me through the whole post! I appreciate it oh so much!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Vicky Hunt (email@example.com).
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org