Monday, September 2, 2013

Currently & Classroom Updates!

 Happy Monday! Can you believe it's already time for September Currently? This year is flying by! I am excited to be linking up with Farley today and see what is currently going on in some of your lives!
Here's mine.....


I am listening to Cops....the hubs loves that show! He would totally go back to school to become a cop if he were younger. 

I am loving the yummy steak dinner we had to celebrate Labor Day. The hubs grilled them perfectly!

I am thinking I am so happy I made myself go work in my classroom for a few hours earlier. I got a LOT of stuff done and now my week will go much more smoothly!

I am totally wanting to start another home remodeling project. I really want to do my master bath and have everything picked out and planned....if only some $$$ would fall in my lap! LOL

I am needing to finish laundry, but totally not wanting to! It's my least favorite chore!

And last but not least....I love this part Farley added!
1. I am going to try very hard to start walking again. I haven't been walking because of the dreadful Florida heat, humidity, and bugs, but I am going to try walking on the treadmill.
2. I am going to try very hard to break my Pepsi addiction.....again!
3. I also want to take time to be creative and crafty. I have so many ideas for an ETSY shop and really want to get it started!

 Now...on to a few classroom updates!

I have my WBT rules in place. My kinders are doing so well at memorizing them! They aren't doing so well at following them all yet though....especially #'s 2 & 3...lol! I got these awesome free posters here!


I also managed to print my schedule cards and get them up!


I shared my helper area before, but here it is in use. The little bird on the limb is the helper for the day and then they move to the green chart until everyone has had a turn. The kids love it!


I decided to try using hand gestures this year and it is going great. The kids remember it better than me!


Just a general shot across the room....lovin' all the bright and happy colors everywhere!


I am excited to finally have my crayon drawers labeled and filled. I found these great labels here.


In the words of Phil (from Duck Dynasty) this just makes me happy, happy, happy!


I spent lots of time earlier sorting books that I inherited when I moved in my new room. They were all mixed up!!! Now I know this doesn't look perfect, but it is a vast improvement. I still have to figure out how I am going to label them, but at least they are sorted! 
This is one shelf.....


And here is the other one....


I got two new chairs for the library area too and I need to go back and get the green one too! I didn't think I would have room for it, but I do...:)


Here's the top of the biggest bookshelf. You can see my corner in the background. My desk is behind the shelf. 


I got my hall display ready to hang student work...finally! I had trouble finding the 12 x 12 scrapbook page protector sheets. I finally found them. The green background is supposed to look like a football field....our hall is football themed. Our school has a different hall theme for every grade level. This year it was a 2 color theme and my team had chosen orange and blue (this was before I transferred back). They went with a Florida Gator football theme. You can see a couple of the Gator themed icons above the green field. 


My kiddos colored their names on their first day of school.


Here's the whole thing. Nothing fancy, but it works!




...

2 comments:

  1. I decided to get up off my bottom and go to school today. Six hours wasn't enough. :( I'm jealous you had steak...sounds yummy!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you set up your class. It looks so cute, esp the way you have your rules set up! So adorable!

    *yay for being your newest follower, drop by*

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky