Sunday, September 1, 2013

Saturday Snapshots!

Hi friends! I hope you all are enjoying your 3-day weekend as much as I have been! Mine has been pretty busy so far. It started with a Friday night high school football game, some Saturday morning shopping and thrifting which I LOVE to do, a sweet wedding last night, and today I am just being L...A...Z...Y! Yep, I said it, I am being lazy! It has been a while since I had time to laze around all day like I am today! I did wash some dishes, fix lunch, and complete a little project though before my butt planted itself in the chair and refused to move...LOL! 

So, while I am being lazy, I thought I might as well be productive and link up with Miss Nelson for Saturday Snapshots to share a few photos of the events I mentioned above! 



First up is the cake from the wedding I attended last night....cuteness!


And the outdoor seating...hay bales!


The sweet "guest book"...all guests signed with a green fingerprint (leaf) and their name. This will be so cool framed and displayed in their home.

 

I said I cooked lunch today.....tomato pie...Mmmm!
I used fresh basil from my mom's herb garden!


Chopped and mixed with some mayonnaise and cheese.


Spread it on a pizza crust and top with fresh sliced tomatoes.


Bake and enjoy!


Oh my....so delish! Seriously! I don't even eat mayo, but I'm telling you this is so tasty!


OK....moving on! My kitty Farrah giving Elvis the evil eye across the room. Elvis is my mother-in-law's dachshund. I am dog-sitting this weekend while she's out of town.


Here he is enjoying ONE of his Sunday afternoon naps....along with my son, Dakota. Glad he (Dakota, not Elvis...lol) doesn't read my blog! Elvis is currently snoozing AGAIN by my legs in the recliner and Farrah is on the top of the head rest of the recliner. We are all being lazy!


On to my thrifty finds. First up is this sweet little red chalkboard thingie I found for a quarter at a yard sale yesterday. This is the project I referred to earlier!


For that price I had to have it, but I knew I wanted to tweak it a little, so this is what I did. I taped off a border around the edge and inside.


Painted it with my chalkboard spray paint. 


Love this stuff!


And here you have it! I love it. I am going to hang it on my classroom hall door like a wreath. 


Here it is on my door at home. I love it and it's one of a kind!


Here are the other things I had to have yesterday! I love vintage items and found a few half off at my favorite flea market booth! The two tablecloths, the shaving mug, hand, and cookbook are all vintage. Not sure about the cow creamer, but I love him! I have another similar one and I paired them up in my kitchen. I love the clear glass and brass apple paper weight and it will live in my classroom.


Here's a close-up of the apple. Love the air bubbles trapped in the glass.


I found these great numbers and wish I had bought more of them...just $1 for the set. They snap apart if you're wondering.


I also found these two gorgeous tea light holders for $1 each! I have seen these at Hobby Lobby for MUCH more than $1! They are about 8 inches high and so pretty!




I also found two more books for my future home library. I have several hundred books now and am planning to build my own little library area in my home sometime in the next year or two! I collect and read both of these authors and have been trying to complete my collection of Nicholas Sparks for a while now. I have all but 3 of his books now! I also only collect hard cover books. I have read this book already but didn't own it. Now I do and they were just $2 each!


Well, that's it! Thank you for sticking with me until the end. I get a little long-winded sometimes...lol! I just enjoy sharing with friends. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend....I plan to!
Until next time....
...

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have been so busy! That pizza looks amazing. Now I'm starving. Fresh basil is the best. Love your new door hanger. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your finds this weekend and the pictures from the wedding. I have been super LAZY the past two days...as in I have been in my pajamas for two days. I've only eaten and taken showers and watched Netflix kind of LAZY! Feels so good!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

  3. There are many good and cheap stuff you can pruchase now at flea market and there are plenty of brand new stuff too because flea market sellers buy liquidation pallets of goods and resell it

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky