Thursday, August 23, 2012

Before & After!

I was so happy to get somewhat caught up today after school! There has been something going on literally every day this week, from a training to meeting with the other 5th grade teachers to try to work out scheduling issues, yada, yada, yada! I know I'm preaching to the choir though because you know exactly what I'm talking about! Anyway, I took a couple before and after pictures to share. Funny how quickly things start changing when the kiddos arrive isn't it? Here's the area I do most of my teaching from. You can see that it looks a little different that it did pre-kiddos! You can see my Home Depot nail apron pocket chart hanging on the right side of the board. I have clinic passes in it now and will find other things to store there as the year goes on. I don't know about you, but I have to move things around and tweak everything until I feel like it's working for me. I like everything to look good, but I also like things to flow smoothly and be student friendly and not too perfect! 

Before-Kiddos
After-Kiddos
Here's another before and after shot. Again, I have moved things around a little and am still in the process of tweaking this area. I did want to point out the Scientific Method on the cabinet doors in the after picture. These were courtesy of  Kristen over at Ladybug's Teacher Files. Aren't they adorable....and they're free if you want to snag them too! I just love them...:) Thanks Kristen....you're a sweetie! We've been learning about the scientific method this week and will be using it all year long! I finally got a chance to put it up after school today! I made little arrows to put beside each step, pointing to the next step, and also little conversation bubbles at the end. What do you think?

Before
After



 This isn't all I have been teaching of course! 
We have been learning how to use our interactive science notebooks and today we started learning about nonfiction text features! 
Having a great week so far.....hope you are too! So....what have you been teaching this week?

Be Blessed!
...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Vicky!!! I'm so happy you could use them :) :) I like to tweak things in the first few weeks too. Sounds like your schoolyear has started off nicely, I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dust will settle soon...it has definitely been a whirlwind kind of week! I'm so glad your on our team! Your drive and dedication is evident in all you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather...I's happy to be a part of such a great team!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky