Monday, August 6, 2012

It's Just Another.......Monday Made It!

Why? Because it's that awesome time  again....time for Monday Made It! I'm excited to be linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics again.....it's my favorite linky...:) I have been busy sewing for this one! I finally got to use that gorgeous fabric I ordered a few weeks ago! Here are my projects! First up is a valance for my one and only window! This is my kitchen window though....I haven't been to school since I made it. The top has tabs that I made from scraps of the colored fabrics. There are 2 of each color. I also make a skirt for my desk, but I can't get a picture of it until I go to school again (probably Wednesday) and attach it to the desk. It looks just like the valance though! 


Next up is a bunting banner I made. Isn't it adorable...:) I just love it! I am making a couple more of these but I ran out of bias tape and need to pick up some more to finish!



I also recovered my desk chair! It needed an update for sure! Here is a before picture....notice the dusty base....my high school classroom floor stayed so dirty!


And here's the after! Better....don't you think?


Robyn from Soaring Through Third asked me to tell how I recovered my chair. I really wish I had thought about taking pictures of the process, but sadly I didn't! Mine was very easy to do. First, my dear hubby took it apart for me.....mine was in 5 pieces, the seat, the rolling base, the two arms, and the back. Everything screws into the bottom of the seat on my chair. OK....so now I have the seat and I just cut a piece of fabric large enough to cover the top and edges and to pull under the bottom edge and staple (with a staple gun) underneath. Next he took the little arm rest pads off and I did the same thing with them. For the back, I made a "pillow case and rounded the corners at the top to fit snugly. When I hemmed it I left a little opening so I can run a piece of ribbon through it to tie it  around the bottom. This part can be removed and washed if needed. It was so simple to do! If any of you decide to recover yours, be sure to let me know! 
I would love to see pictures...:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And to end this post....here's one of my kitties....Bashful! I just thought I'd share a little tidbit about him....he thinks if anything new or different enter the house, he HAS to lay on it or sleep in it! Here he is curled up in my sewing machine cover that fell off the table. See how sleepy his eyes look....the flash woke him up! He is one silly cat! He cracks me up though...I love my kitties!


Ok....if you haven't already, you need to go link up with the awesome and amazing Tara and show off your creations! 


Be Blessed...:)

...

10 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky,
    I love your curtains and pennant. They turned out so nicely! The colors look great together.
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combined the different colored fabrics for your valance!! So nice!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair is my favourite! I would love to redo my school chair. Can you do a how to for the chair covers? Please!
    Robyn
    soaringthroughthird.blogspot.com
    grthiessen@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitty looks JUST like mine! :) Cute cute chair too!

    Katie @ Sixth Grade Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Robyn.....mine was very easy to do. I will edit the post and tell how I did it. I didn't think about taking pictures....I wish I had!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make the cutest stuff! I LOVE the valance and how it matches your pennant and chair. My chair could really use an update too.

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chair = Love! It looks great! Love the curtains also. Your older curtains that were similar to these were the inspiration for my curtains this year. My moms sews, not me. We ended up only using two fabrics, a stripe at the top and bottom and an owl print in the middle. And the bunting is adorable. I wanted one also, but my mama said she didn't feel like doing it so a sweet fellow blogger made me one that I'll just print, laminate and hang.

    Susan
    polkadotroom@gmail.com
    owlroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sewing projects. I'm a novice sewer and would love to know how you made your table skirt. I'm hoping to tackle that project this weekend!

    ~Mrs.T
    Teaching Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the how to....recover a chair post, I will look into taking mine apart! Your classroom looks fabulous btw!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky