Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Classroom Door Wreath & a Science Tools Lesson!


 Hi everyone....hope you all had a happy Tuesday! I know for some of you it was your first day back with students and I'm sure you are P...O...O...P...E...D! I know I always am on the first day....oh, who am I kidding? I am exhausted every day for the first week and sometimes longer! Anywho, I hope you all had a great day...:) I decided to tell you about a lesson we did in class today and it reminded me that I never showed you pictures of my door wreath. I use this same wreath every year and just change out the ribbon and decor to match my theme. Well, since I am teaching science this year, I decided to use various science tools on the wreath. It's nothing fancy, but it serves the purpose! It has a couple different size test tubes, a magnifying glass, a compass,tweezers, goggles, and a welcome bunting I made. The sign on the door is the sign I made for my biology class last year. It is from Vista Print. I couldn't bear to throw it away so I used white-out to cover biology and replaced it with science. It isn't perfect, but it will do. 


On to the lesson. I decided to have the students do an activity similar to Scoot for this lesson. As you can see in the pictures below, I numbered and labeled each item. I then placed them on 14 desks around the room and had the kids roaming around the room to write down the name of each item and also what they thing it is used for in science. Tomorrow they will find out what the items are really used for and write that information in on the form they made today. The students really enjoyed this activity and had fun examining each item...:)





Well, that's it for now! I have a few ideas for upcoming posts, so until then, have a fantastic week!

Be Blessed!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky