Friday, September 7, 2012

Teddy Turtle & a Beautiful Rainbow!

Today I want to share my classroom pet, Teddy Turtle. Teddy is red-eared slider and I have had him for about 8 years. I got him during my first year of first grade. We had a bear theme that year, thus the name Teddy! He has so much personality for a turtle and is very interactive with the students. Speaking of students, they LOVE Teddy every year! Even my sophomores at the high school loved him last year and I had to fix them a feeding schedule so they could have turns feeding him. They were too funny...:) In 5th grade, my Lab Assistant in each of my 3 blocks feeds him. They are only allowed to give him 3-4 reptile sticks since he gets fed three times each day. They sure do love him though and each of them are waiting patiently for their turn to feed him! He has had lots of artwork made especially for him this school year and you can see it displayed under and above his tank in the third picture. In the second picture, you can see him waving at my finger I tell the kids he is waving, but in reality, this is what they do when they "like" another turtle....lol! 



I just had to share the beautiful rainbow I saw on the way home yesterday. Luckily my hubby was driving and I was able to snap some pictures. It was just gorgeous! The pictures just don't do it justice...:) I hope it brings a smile to your face like it did mine! I watched it all the way home and was reminded of  God's promise to us....:)




Well, I'm off to the high school for some Friday Night Lights!
Be Blessed!
...

4 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful rainbow! What a blessing to see! I'm your newest follower, and I'd like to invite you to my new linky called, "Fun Friday." It is all about the fun things we do in our classrooms. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me Kelly! I'm off to check out your blog now....:)

      Vicky

      Delete
  2. Teddy looks like the perfect classroom pet! And 8 years old?! You are a very good pet owner! :)

    ~ Sarah


    Write On, Fourth Grade!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! He is the perfect pet...:) He is clean and quiet...:) He is also fun and loves attention. He swims to the side of the tank every time someone walks by...:)He has grown from the size of an oreo cookie to about the size of my hand over the years!

      Vicky

      Delete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky