Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently and SLANT!

So excited to be linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade for August Currently! It's been several months since I have done this and have I missed the fun...:) So, what have you all been up to this week? I have been to four days of Common Core training....this was my first time ever being trained on Common Core and boy do I have a LOT to learn. I will get it though...with lots of reading and studying I'm sure. I am new to kinder this year and we have a new reading series and this is the first year we are using the Common Core standards....so, I am feeling a little like a brand new teacher...lol!  

So....here's my

Most of this is self-explanatory, but I will quickly go over them!

So, I am listening to Pawn Stars which my hubby is watching and I am also listening to my 18 year old son snore on the couch. He has been working all week, outside in the Florida heat mowing and doing yard work. He is one tired boy...:)

I am loving that I can finally get into my new classroom Monday to start sorting (what the previous teacher left), organizing, rearranging, and decorating!

I am thinking about all the things I am planning to buy tomorrow when I go to Gainesville to pick up some classroom goodies! I am hoping to find a few things not on my list too...lol!

I am wanting to get my hair done before school starts...these roots are showing....BAD!

I am needing to go wash the dishes! Oh, how I wish I had a dishwasher!!!

And....as for the three B2s must haves .....I think we all enjoy getting at least one new outfit for back to school....right! I don't plan to buy too much since I just bought lots of new clothes for my cruise at the beginning of summer (you can read about my cruise here, here, here, & here  on my other blog if you're interested), but I do want at least one brand new one! 
I can't live without REAL post-it notes....seriously! 
And, I love making things for my classroom....being crafty is in my blood! See my last two Monday posts if you want to see...:)

I also wanted to mention this awesome opportunity I found out about today over at Amanda's blog...Teaching Maddeness. It is called the SLANT Box project.....Sending Love Across the Nation to Teachers. It sounds super duper fun....I signed up already and can't wait to do it! If you are curious, click on the picture below and go check it out! 

The SLANT Box Exchange

Well....I am off to do the dishes and then off to bed! Getting up early to go shopping!!! Woot...:)
Have a blessed Friday!
...

4 comments:

  1. I am new to first grade and had a training today as well. I know you must be felling overwhelmed with a new grade level, new reading series, and Common Core!
    Thanks for linking to the SLANT idea - it is really cool and I am seriously considering participating!
    Heather

    Kickin' It With Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky!!
    What a small world that we both are SLU Grads AND live that close to each other! :) I think it is so cool how I've made so many connections through blogging already! :) I bet you are going to find SO much stuff tomorrow! Don't forget that tomorrow, Office Max on Archer Road is having their Teacher Appreciation sale! That means and extra 25% off PLUS no tax!! WOOHOO! :) I hope you find tons of goodies!!! I havent been to Learning Path yet, but i have a gift certificate and i need to head out there ASAP! As for the SLANT box, yeah- I totally signed up immediately the other day! What an amazing idea and I LOVE giving people things! Especially teachers! ;) I just finished my 2 day Kagan training, so I am pooped- but I wish I would have had the chance to have a common core training! Luckily, SLU did an awesome job of preparing us! :) I hope you have a fabulous beginning to your year and you will definitely be seeing me around your blog frequently :) I'm sure I will have a few questions for you at some point!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I am DEFINITELY following yours now! :)
    -Lindsay
    {Just Keep Teaching}
    http://rodriguezteachon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about needing a haircut!!!! I had my cut a few weeks ago and it felt much better!!! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to read more post.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up for SLANT! Cause mail is fun. And I got my hair done on Wednesday. In fact I am still enjoying the blowout ... I wonder how much longer I can go. It is hot sticky summer. But that's why I love the smooth straight non-frizzy locks. if I could keep my curls without the frizz that would be fine Since I can't I love trims and color help and blowouts.
    I love postit notes, too. Bright colored ones. Too bad when they have important notes on them I tend to misplace them. I love them anyway for lesson possibilities. The lost ones are my own fault!

    Have fun shopping!

    Ms. O
    MsOReadsBooks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky