Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My New Classroom & a Catnap!

I am so very excited!!! I got to see my new 5th grade classroom today! The wheels in my mind are spinning out of control...:) I absolutely can't wait to get it there, get all the science supplies and things already there organized, and then move my junk, I mean things in! I am pleased with the room. I was afraid it would be really small, but I think it is going to be big enough. The school is kind of a hexagon shape with a sunken library in the center which is really cool. The problem is the rooms are an awkward shape, kind of wedge shaped, but I can definitely work with it! Here are some pictures. The bulletin boards are still up, they are not mine. I can't wait to do my thing in there! Here you go....any ideas or comments are welcome...:)








That's my mom in one of the pictures, sshhh, don't tell her I put that one on! She would not be pleased...;)
I am really happy with the neutral colors in the room...lots of shades of grey.....not 50 like the book series everyone is raving about! The door and the chairs are blue, but I can work with that! I don't have a closet, but I do have a ton of cabinets as you can see. I am thinking about turning this big file cabinet and putting a tension rod between it and the wall to hang a cute curtain from to hide the bright colored storage boxes of science stuff that you see on one of the counter tops. Those colors will clash with my color scheme so I am hoping to make them disappear, but still have easy access! I only have one window, but that will just have to do. Overall, I am very pleased and can't wait to get started! 

Oh yeah....I almost forgot the cat nap!


The flash woke him up...:)

This is one of the baskets I bought last week at the thrift store. You can read more about that haul here. I was wondering what I was going to store in them....I guess I don't have to wonder anymore....LOL! This is my kitty Bashful...he loves to sleep on or in anything new that enters the house! Isn't he sweet?
...

8 comments:

  1. I really like your classroom. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the cabinets!! Can't wait to see how you decorate it. You seem really good at finding deals! Loved reading all your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan! Such sweet comments! I can't wait to begin setting up my room....I love it! As far as finding good deals goes, I do seem to get some good ones! My sister and mom think I just have a good eye...I see potential in things that others don't I guess. Bargain hunting is really fun! Thanks again...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your room, it looks big. Love the kitty, I have three of my own.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jill! I am in a new room at a new school this year and I was afraid it would be tiny. Thankfully it is a pretty good size! I am a cat lover....this is just one of my four...:)My oldest one is the same age as my son....17! She's a grumpy, old Hemingway calico...:)I'm headed over to check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the kitty! Good luck at your new school! I love starting new...it's refreshing...plus it forces you to go through your stuff. LOL I'm your newest follower!

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mimi....and moving does force you to purge! I did that last year when I went to the high school after 8 years in elementary. I am back to elementary this year and am starting fresh....and I am glad! I had accumulated a TON of stuff and I purged the majority of it. Thanks for following me....and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...Kitty :)
    I have awarded you with One Lovely Blog Award! To pick up visit: http:playfullearningbrookly.blogspot.com :)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky, I would spray paint the colored rolling carts. I plan to spray mine beofre school starts to match my decor. We have permission to change them any way we need too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply by e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger. Thanks for taking time to leave one...:) Vicky